MEDVIA will join the other founders of the Medic Nest European cluster alliance for precision medicine on 24 January in Brussels to present the project’s achievements and sign an agreement on a new meta cluster
9 January 2024
On 24 January in Brussels MEDVIA will join the other three founders of Medic Nest to showcase the achievements of the cluster alliance and to launch a new meta cluster dedicated to precision medicine. The conference, taking place from 10.30 to 16.00 in Brussels’ European quarter, will also welcome the Bright European alliance dedicated to the digital transformation of healthcare.
Both Medic Nest and Bright were funded by COSME, the EU program for small and medium-sized enterprises, for a 24-month period that ends on 31 January. Both were also supported by ClusterXchange, a pilot project to facilitate exchanges among Europe’s industrial ecosystems.
Medic-Nest was built around three main strategies:
1) Capacity-building Training sessions for cluster managers on a variety of relevant topics. MEDVIA was recently awarded the Bronze Cluster Management Label by the European Secretariat for Cluster Analysis, based on this strategy
2) ClusterXchange (CXC) Supporting members in visits to programs in participating regions, including MEDVIA’s HealthTech Summit and HealthTech Investor Summit. This is considered by the EU as a way to build awareness of other ecosystems and to foster collaborations and knowledge-sharing
3) Develop meta cluster on precision medicine Working towards the creation of an alliance of clusters in the field of precision medicine
Ultimately, cluster collaborations help our collective members to find project or business partners. They also increase the visibility of MEDVIA and its members across EU countries.
Medic Nest alliance ➡ MEDVIA (Belgium), Imago-Mol (Romania) Hellenic Biocluster (Greece) León Research Cluster SIVI (Spain)
Bright alliance ➡ Biocat (Spain) STUNS (Sweden) Eurasanté (France) Connected Health (Estonia)
Closing one chapter, launching another
On 24 January, Medic Nest and Bright are co-hosting a conference that will serve as a closing event for the COSME-funded projects and as the launch of the Medic Nest Meta Cluster on Precision Medicine and the Bright Joint Partnership Strategy. The program includes:
- Showcase of results and achievements by Medic Nest and Bright
- Panel featuring EU stakeholders, cluster experts and life sciences professionals on cluster development and funding
- Networking lunch
- Meta Cluster signing ceremony
- Workshop on future collaborative funded projects led by MEDVIA
The conference is open to anyone with an interest in health-related European clusters and policies though is of particular interest to cluster managers as well as regional, national and European authorities. Register here.